Monday, August 10, 2009

Finding Inspiration

Each Sunday at Split Coast Stampers there is a "Featured Stamper" whose gallery you can browse to pick out a card for inspiration. Then you create your own card, making at least 2 changes so you're not just copying their card. Well, since I've mentioned my creativity is down, I decided to look at the featured stamper's gallery today. Finally, I settled on this card as my inspiration. I loved the text background and the silhouettes, together with the butterfly. I tried to achieve a similar look, substituting stamp sets I have for the ones that she used. And I really liked that she had embossing on her card. I decided to emboss my butterfly instead of the text background. Most of the time I add a sentiment to the front of my card, but I left it blank this time, like my inspiration card. There you have it. I'm hoping for a fun, creative week. 2 Mondays until school starts.

Stamps: PTI Background Basics: Text Style, PTI Life, SU Great Friend
Ink: PTI Chamomile, Raspberry Fizz, Ripe Avocado, Summer Sunrise, VersaMark
CS: PTI Kraft, Ripe Avocado, Rustic Cream, Summer Sunrise
Accessories: Ranger Clear Embossing Powder

14 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

You know I love this card! It uses my favorite set!

Jess said...

Gorgeous card! I love all the stamp layering and beautiful colors!

Tenia Nelson said...

Very pretty card!!

laurie said...

Nice stamping! I love butterflies!

Kerri said...

This is soooo pretty, Rebecca! I love the colors you used!

Michelle said...

I love your shiny butterfly - - and I like the flowers...don't have the patience to do flowers like this, but I've seen you do them and they are fab.

Kara said...

Beautiful! I like yours even better than the original.

Jenni said...

This is beautiful! you did a great job!

laos348 said...

Beautiful card! I really like the colors and the use of the text background.

JazzyH said...

Pretty!

Chris said...

gorgeous! love the flowers on the text! >"<

My lifes inky escape and more said...

This is gorgeous! How soft....I love it!

Stamping Mutt said...

Love the color combo you used for this card! Very serene and love love butterflies and silhouette images too!

Alma =)

Susan (peebsmama) said...

This is a terrific rendition of the original card. Very pretty.