Monday, September 28, 2009

Color Challenge!

Well, this card took a lot of twists and turns to end up where it's at. The clean and simple challenge this week at Split Coast Stampers is a color challenge: shades of pink, green, blue and cream or white, with chocolate optional. I won some cool Studio G stamps from Michelle a while back, and have been planning fun ways to use them. I love the whimsical look to the flowers! In fact, they remind me a lot of the Basic Grey paper I've used on my last few projects. So when I saw the Fall-to-Layout on the Clean and Simple Stamping Blog, I decided to use the color challenge along with the fall-to-layout. Well, I had my card finished, and I just didn't like the overall look of it. So I chopped it down, and just matted it on a layer of green and added it to a plain white card base. I'm happier now, but plan to go back and try the fall-to-layout again. Persistence!

Stamps: Studio G, TAC
Ink: PTI Hibiscus Burst, Ripe Avocado
CS: PTI Hibiscus Burst, Ripe Avocado, Spring Rain, White
Accessories: Scallop Circle Nesties, Circle Nesties

5 comments:

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Funny. I looked at your lovely card, read your description and thought, she used the FTL 61 for this? Doesn't look like the same sketch I used today. Then I read that you altered the card. I actually really like it matted on a white card base. I also like the combo of the flowers in the circle and the tone on tone background on the pink. I tried to do the CAS color challenge today but just couldn't get myself in a "pink" mood.

laurie said...

I like it matted on the white card too. Love the pink!

Chris said...

love this...love the flowers in the circle..>"< it's really pretty!

JazzyH said...

I love the way you put everything together.

Michelle said...

Pretty colors together - - love the pop of blue. I like that sentiment too - - heard of TAC but no idea they made stamps. Glad you could use the stamps!