Sunday, September 6, 2009

Labor Day, a little early

My sister-in-law had her "labor day" a little early, and delivered her sweet baby girl on Thursday. I made these little treat boxes to take to my nephew and niece when we went to meet their new little sister. I got the Distressed Dots stamp from Unity after seeing some fun cards my friend Chris made with it. I love her cards she's made with it, but almost every time I go to use it, I just can't get quite the look I am going for. Well, since I needed a "boy" look, I decided to pull it out again, because it makes a much better background for a little boy than any of my flowers do. Enjoy your long weekend if you get one. I'm off to stamp and get ready for my fantasy football draft. Wish me luck!

9 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

That is the best labor day of all!! Congrats!! She will treasure these creations!! Love your use of the Loads of Love truck!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

O.k., I mean your niece and nephew will love them!! So often the siblings feel left out. You are such a sweet aunt!

Michelle said...

Those are sooo cute! What'd you put in them - - more cookies?
We're drafting this weekend too - - love this time of year!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

How cute the truck image is cropped. More kraft too! I really like the white on red of the milk carton box.

Kerri said...

Congratulations on your new Niece!!! What sweet gifts for your niece and nephew! I hope you got some good players on your team : )

laurie said...

They will love them!

Chris said...

your gufts turned out fabulous!! i love that BG!! thanks 4 the link!! >"<

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Very cute and nice of you! I bought that Tucked Away template and it's all your fault! I've only put one together and it was easier than I thought.

Jess said...

Cute projects! How sweet of you to think of the older siblings! So often they get left out with all the baby attention so they will definitely appreciate these.