Saturday, March 6, 2010

Cream Soup Mix

Well, I was hoping for a super productive scrapping afternoon yesterday. But that didn't really happen. So instead I have another quick recipe card to share. I make lots of casseroles, and so many of them call for cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup. I used to stock up on these cream soups when there were good sales. Then I found this recipe one day while browsing on Recipezaar (my favorite online recipe sight). It's condensed cream of _____ soup mix. And I love it! I mix up a batch and keep it in a rubbermaid bowl, and use it often. It doesn't get as thick as the canned stuff, but the flavor is phenomenal. And there isn't all the added fat or chemicals from the canned stuff. So this or the homemade mushroom soup are my preferred soups now.



Digital Supplies: Designer Digitals

10 comments:

Harriet H said...

This is wonderful.... thanks for sharing

Harriet

Kerri said...

What a great idea! I'll probably never do it, but it's a great idea LOL!!! I am so not a cook : )

papertrails leaver said...

Thanks for sharing this Rebecca! What a great recipe!

Angela said...

I was intrigued when I saw the title of "cream soup"! I am going to have to try this for sure! Very pretty presentation of the recipe!

Amy said...

Wish I'd known about this about 3 hours ago! We're doing a frozen dinner baby shower for a couple at church that just had a baby, and the casserole I made had cream of mushroom soup in it. This is a great idea!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

That's great that you make your own creamed soup starter for recipes. Personally, I hate canned creamed soup. It's got so many chemicals in it and the texture is wierd to me. So usually when I see a recipe with the main ingredient being canned creamed soup, I look for something else to make.

Very pretty paper that you paired this with.

Michelle said...

This is a pretty cool idea. Has anyone done the cost per whatever to see if it's a money saver? I know you said the flavor is good, but I'm cheap - so I want to know about the money and see if the $ saved is worth it over convenience. Imma send this to my husband - the chef in the fam - he might try this. Love your notebook paper too.

laurie said...

What a great idea..I'll have to try it!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

My husband is not a casserole lover. *sigh* I love looking at your recipe cards and this one is no exception!

Chris said...

this is interesting, must try it! great looking card!!