Friday, January 16, 2009

Mushroom Soup


This is my card for a recipe swap on Split Coast Stampers. It is a mushroom soup recipe from Stephanie, the crock-pot lady's blog. You can find the original recipe here. Her blog has so many terrific crock-pot recipes that if you are a crock-pot cook or want to be a crock-pot cook, I highly recommend visiting her blog. I love this recipe. Any recipe that I am making that calls for cream of mushroom soup, I omit the canned stuff and use this recipe. It makes a large batch and I love that you can freeze it to have on hand when you need it.
For the recipe card I used my So Swirly jumbo roller from Stampin' Up. I love to use the jumbo rollers. I stamped it in Rose Red and embossed with clear embossing powder. The large flower is from Big Pieces. I didn't start out to make this monochromatic, but it's what ended up happening.

4 comments:

Chris said...

sounds good to me!! your card turned out fabulous1!! >"<

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Terrific idea. I know what you mean about recipes that use canned soup - yuck. This looks good. I may have to try it.

Btw...YOU"VE BEEN TAGGED! See this post on my blog for more details. http://susansdayoffcreations.blogspot.com/2009/01/ive-been-tagged-and-awarded.html

Stephanie ODea said...

Thank you so much for your sweet words! I'm glad that you liked this cream-of alternative, I really did too.
Your recipe card is gorgeous; I love it.
xoox
steph

fishlips said...

This is wonderful....and sound just yummy too!!!!