Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Nice People


I have "met" some really nice people through stamping forums, blogs, etc. It's really fun how even across the miles and for people that will likely never meet in real life, people say such nice things and do kind things for each other. A friend from Split Coast Stampers sent me this cute fairy image, and I finally colored her in. The whole time I was coloring her I was thinking about a book that I just love: Fablehaven (If you've read it I think you'll see the connection. If you haven't read it, I recommend it!). I love to read and could spend hours out of the day wrapped up in a good book. I try to avoid reading "for fun" during the semester because I know I won't get anything productive done. But now that I'm finished with school for the summer, I'm ready to catch up on some reading. So if I go MIA for a few days, I may just be doing a little reading.

12 comments:

Cathleen said...

This is so pretty, beautiful image and coloring!

Michelle said...

You're not allowed to go MIA - you may have issues with card mojo when you get back and not be able to turn out pretties like this!

JazzyH said...

Very pretty coloring!

Jenn Embry said...

Nice card. My DD loves Fablehaven. I haven't read them yet, but plan to. I love to read as well.

laurie said...

Really cute card!

Ann said...

Such pretty coloring!

Unknown said...

Very nice card. Love the colors.

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome!!!! tfs!!!

Karen said...

Isn't this crafting community awesome??!! This pretty fairy landed on a very pretty card! :>

Anonymous said...

I understand the reading thing...everything stops if I read....people do not get fed, chores do not get done...and I end up with little sleep...but I do so love to read!

Pretty little fairy card Rebecca!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

what a pretty image. I like how you colored it in.

I know just what you mean about reading. When I get into a good book, I have a hard time putting it down. And like you, knowing that reading a novel would cut into the "important" reading, when I went back to school a couple of years ago, I would not get any books from the library so I had no excuse not to read my text books. Of course, cost accounting has nothing on a Janet Evanovich story.

Deb said...

I just love fairies! I saw this stamp at Michaels on Sunday, I may now have to go back and get it. LOL! Love the coloring of it!