Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Thank You!

When my son's church teacher found out that our whole family had been sick, she brought us over a huge basket full of goodies. She had stuffed a basket full: soup, goldfish crackers, chex mix, cookies, more cookies, orange juice, oranges, grapefruit, and a card and book for my son. In addition, she gave my daughter a big stuffed dog that is now named "Wolfy." Wolfy has blue eyes just like my daughter and she thought that was so cool. So this is the thank you card I made for his teacher. I really wanted to do something spectacular, so I kept trying to think of some idea that would just be an over-the-top kind of card! I was thinking and thinking about what to do, and finally just went with one of my favorite layouts of all time. I guess CAS is my comfort zone, so instead of trying to make an over-the-top kind of card that would turn out blah, I just did what I felt comfortable with. Yes, I have used this layout a lot, but I've always liked how it turned out. I hope she likes it, because I really want her to know how much our family appreciated her thoughtfulness.

Stamps: SU Botanical Blooms, River City Rubber Works, PTI Background Basics: Text Style
Ink: PTI Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, Ripe Avocado, True Black, & Versamark
CS: PTI Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado, Rustic Cream
Accessories: Top Note Die, PTI Sweet Blush Ribbon, Glitter Glue

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this simple layout too. It always turns out so nice. I am sure your son's teacher will love it too.

Chris said...

it's a fabulous card! i really love this lo! i say do what makes you happy...now if i only practiced what i preached...LOL

Susan (peebsmama) said...

You may use this layout often, but that's because it works so well. I think people who have never received a handmade card think that CAS IS over the top because it's so much more special than a store bought card so I think you took the right route. She really does sound like a nice lady to bring you so many goodies.

laurie said...

That was SO awsesome for her to give you a basket of goodies! I know she will love this card.

Tasha Hickert said...

Beautiful card! I love the layout and the colors you chose are just perfect together. What a nice treat to have that wonderful basket delivered. I'm sure she will be tickled to get that card.

Kerri said...

I LOVE when you use this layout and stamp set! You always do such a beautiful job!!! I'm so sorry you all were sick, but I'm glad you're feeling better! How sweet of the teacher to bring such a thoughtful basket!

Renee said...

Love it! What a nice gesture on her part and then to receive this lovely card....she's gonna love it!

Michelle said...

Ain't nuthin' wrong with staying in your comfort zone or workin' your go-to layout. I love this layout and these colors together...although I don't think anything doesn't work with yummy Ripe Avocado. I'm sure she's gonna love this!