Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Celebrating 6


My goal this week, now that the kids are back in school, is to get at least 2 scrapbook pages done. And their laundry. LOL! You can see where my priorities are! I got this page done a while back, and realized I hadn't posted it. One thing about my scrapbooks, is that even if I scrap out of order (which I obviously do), I like the finished layouts to go in albums in chronological order. I spend so much time consumed with it, that I want to rearrange everything and put every page is its proper place. Which I'm trying to let go of. I have so many quirky things about scrapping that can keep me from getting done what I want to. So I'm just trying to scrap away and enjoy the process. And quit worrying about what page should go where. The stories are being told and that's what I really care about. Is there anything that is a road block for you when it comes to scrapping? I love to know what others think. Now, I'm off to do a load of laundry so I can sit down later and scrap. I've fallen behind on the Inspired Crafters challenges, and there are some great ones I am itching to get going on.

All supplies: Designer Digitals

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this page - so clean and simple. And yes these girls grow up way too fast!

Amy said...

Beautiful page! You do such great digi pages. I know what you mean about getting sucked down by details like rearranging album pages--the same thing happens to me!

Angela said...

Cute!!! I think you are the "Digi Queen"!

Chris said...

this is fabulous!! i don't worry about the chronological order thing...i wouldn't get nothing done!

Michelle said...

Ohh Becca Lynn this is fantastic!! Love the journaling - sooo precious. I'm with you - I just want them to be little and fun with their cute little voices forever!!
Crafting before laundry - check!

Banu said...

WOW...This page has turned out beautiful...Loved it.. I love how you create these digi LO's..Just awesome.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I like the faded out pinky/red design behind your photos. It really helps focus in on them.

My sb block is titles. I have photos (mostly of cats - go figure). I have sketch ideas. And I have plenty of paper to choose from. But if I can't figure out a title (either the actuall wording or the placement or the font, or the color, or size), I never start the page to begin with. I have several pages partly started and never finished because of this. One in particular is a page that I started - well, I'm not sure but it would have had to have been before 2003. It's about one of my cats, Maggie, and a funny thing she used to do before using the litter box. I made the whole page but got stuck on the title (for all of the above reasons) so I put it aside. Maggie went to heaven in 2003 and it's one of the few sb pages of her I have so I really should finish it. But after 7 years, I'm still not sure about the title!

I guess that's less of a problem with your digi scrapping because you can try out all kinds of variations and if you don't like them you can try something else.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is my favorite so far! I love this layout. The white with the bright colors...it's fantastic!

laurie said...

What an awesome page...you really are a "Digi Queeen!"

Kerri said...

OOH, I LOVE this page, Rebecca!!! Great colors and layout, and your journaling is BEAUTIFUL!!! Fab page, girl :)

Susan Raihala said...

You're doing laundry when you could be doing fab layouts like this? Does it matter so much that your kids have clean undies? Seriously, this is gorgeous!

Alyssa S said...

I just admire you for scrapping! You are a rockstar in my eyes! I always loved looking through the picture books growing up, but if I were able to read the memories along with the pictures, I would've been in heaven. Guess I need to remind myself of that and get to scrappin', huh?
BTW, great page! I love all the pics and the color combo!

Susan said...

Oh my goodness!!! Another fabulous page!! LOVE IT!!! You have inspired me to get back to scrapping. I have been slacking big time!