Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Heavenly Oatmeal Cookies

Well, we are on spring break here. And Monday and Tuesday brought snow. Monday it was such wet snow, the power was out for a few hours. My husband and I had been watching one of our shows, the kiddos were in bed, and it was pitch black. I didn't sleep very well. I'll just admit I'm afraid of the dark! Today it's finally sunny, but not warm. It's been a strange spring break for sure! I have a recipe card today to share. I love these cookies!


The original recipe called for raisins instead of chocolate chips. Every once in a while I make these with raisins, but usually I go for the chocolate! Enjoy your Wednesday. We're off to play with cousins and then I'm hoping for some craft time later today.

13 comments:

Amy said...

Those do sound heavenly! I agree that choc. chips are better than raisins!

Unknown said...

Cold weather always makes me want to cook! Thanks for the recipe - and I too am for the chocolate chips.

Michelle said...

OK - so the 2 1/2 c. oats is that (2) 1/2 cups or is that 2 and a 1/2 cups? And the same for the chocolate chips...(1) 1/4 cup or 1 AND a 1/4 cup? Thinking if it's the latter - one could do 1/2 raisins and 1/2 chocolate chips? Not that I'm a baker or anything - LOL
I'm totally skeered of the dark. And showering when no one is home.
Too many crazy movie watchin' as a kid, I guess - heh.

Chris said...

cute card! i'll hae to try this, we love oatmeal cokies! have fun on spring break!

Rebecca said...

To Michelle (any anyone else)
2 & 1/2 cups oats and 1 & 1/4 c. chocolate chips.

laurie said...

Mmmmm..sounds good! Oatmeal cookies are a fave around our house...with chips or raisins!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Bummer that you are still having winter when it's supposed to be spring.

I don't like when the power is out either. For me it's not the dark at night but the silence. I sleep with a fan on as "white noise". I'm such a light sleeper that if I don't have that running I can hear every time a cat moves around or the ticking of the clock and it wakes me up and I have a hard time getting back to sleep.

Chocolate chips in oatmeal cookies... healthy decadence!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I love choc. chips in oatmeal cookies. Very, very delicious and so much better for you than raisins!LOL

Jen said...

I'd go for the chocolate chips too!=) Thanks for sharing!

Angela said...

So cool; I just love how you are doing these recipe pages!

Banu said...

I love baking..so will give this a try :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

If only I was not on a diet!! Those cookies look yummy!!

Susan said...

Oooh! These sound so yummy! I love oatmeal cookies. I may have to try this recipe. LOVE the elements on this!!