Friday, April 2, 2010

Happy Easter

I am so excited for Spring and for Easter. Yesterday we woke up to several inches of snow, and it kind of put a damper on my excitement about spring. But today, it is sunny again, and I am hopeful! Today I am sharing the little treats I made for my kiddos' teachers and bus drivers. Laurie had two different Easter projects that I loved, and kind of incorporated both of them. The first she used her glassine bags, and just embossed them to give them a little something extra. I've seen her do this before, and I always mean to remember to try it, but until now never got around to doing it. The second she added cute little eggs to make some fun packaging.

So, for my project I used my new egg die from PTI, and embossed my glassine bags. Overall, a quick and easy project. Other than getting the paper out of the egg die! LOL! I've had coversations with people, and read on forums about how hard it was to get the paper out of the die. Well, my first 12 or 13, they popped right out. I was starting to think all the people must be doing something wrong! Then, I hit a brick wall, and the paper stopped coming out of the die. I still love that cute little egg shape, and it's a fantastic way to use up scraps. But, a bit frustrating at the same time. Enjoy your day!

12 comments:

Amy said...

Wonderful project! I've never tried embossing the glassine bags but I'm going to now--fab idea! I have the SU butterfly sizzlet and it's very hard to get the paper out of the die. My demo told me just to use my paper piercing tool and kind of poke and lift. It works and doesn't leave a hole like you might expect.

Angela said...

These are adorable; the subtle embossing on the bags is so fun! What great gifts!

Angela said...

These are adorable; the subtle embossing on the bags is so fun! What great gifts!

Unknown said...

I too love the subtle touch the embossing gives the bags - a very good idea!

Chris said...

these are super cute!! love the embossing on the bags...have you tried to run your die thru with wax paper a couple of times? might help with the stickiness of the paper...

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Very cute! I never thought to emboss on my glassine bags!

Michelle said...

Those little egg dies are so cute - frustrating to get out of the die? You don't say....
Glassine bags are most def my go-to packaging of choice for goodie bags. Love all the different papers and ribbons - fun!

Susan said...

Super cute!! Love the embossing. And those eggs are gorgeous! I have trouble with my butterfly die not coming out. I might invest in one of those Quickutz Quicksticks, I heard that works well.

Kerri said...

What a great idea to emboss the bags! These are super cute, Rebecca! I tried to order that die, but it was always out of stock :( Love how you used it here!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Snow?!? Yuck!

These are cute! I like your patterned eggs. I haven't purchased any of the PTI dies and doubt I will. I didn't think abou the paper not popping out - although I can understand that. For me it's because they're solid and you can't see through them for placement. Since they are supposed to work with the stamps, it seems that it would be impossible to stamp then die cut since you can't see the image with the solid die. And the idea of cutting then stamping - even with a clear stamp - seems too tedious.

Jen said...

very cute!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What great treats!! I love the embossing on the bags!! How creative!!
hugs,
Chris