Thursday, September 18, 2008

Blooming With Love


I had a friend celebrating her birthday earlier this week. For some reason I wasn't feeling like a card that said "happy birthday." I wanted to do something a little different. So I pulled out my Stampin' Up Blooming With Love set. I love pink, and sometimes tend to stay with pink, pink, pink. So I was trying to expand my creative side here, and used pink and green! And I really like the color combination. I stamped the vases in StazOn ink and then used my Derwent Aquatone coloring pencils to color the images in. I love these coloring pencils. I love that you can use them like regular colored pencils, and color your image in and then go back with a paintbrush or blender pen to blend as little or as much as you want for your image. You can also use them wet, but I haven't tried this yet. For the finishing touches of the card, I added an eyelet to the tag and wrapped ribbon around. I think I'd like the finished product better if I had a thicker ribbon to use, but this time I didn't.

No comments: