Friday, September 19, 2008

Happy Anniversary!


We have a niece and her husband celebrating a very special anniversary this week. So I wanted to make them something special to let them know we're thinking about them, and that we're very happy for them. The fall colors here are looking very beautiful, and I instantly knew I wanted to incorporate the fall colors into my card. Now, I have to say, that I had to really stretch myself on this card. I get very comfortable doing pink cards, and so I had to really make myself think "outside of my pink box," as I like to say. I knew I wanted to use my Stampin' Up Artfully Asian set, and a lot of fall colors. So I came up with this card. It's not my favorite I've ever made, but I am keeping it anyway. I do like the fall colors, I like the brads, and I liked the dark brown ribbon I had to use ( it really is ribbon, and not black cardstock). So I am keeping the card but I'm open to any suggestions anyone has on what they might do different.

2 comments:

Chris said...

i think it's a fabulous card!! it's a keeper...>"<

Unknown said...

you did very well outside of your pink slash 'rose red' box! :)