Monday, December 1, 2008

Upsy Daisy Candle


I love experimenting with new ways to use my stamps. I know this technique has been around for a long time, but I've never been daring enough to try it. You know, I wouldn't want to ruin a candle purchased from the dollar store if something goes wrong!!! Now that it's December, and the peak of gift-giving season, I decided it was time to try this technique. So I got my dollar store candle, tissue paper, wax paper, and one of my favorite Stampin' Up stamps: Upsy Daisy. Since this was my first attempt, I don't feel too bad that I didn't hold the wax paper as tight as I should have, and didn't melt the wax paper enough in some places. I am happy with how things went for a first attempt. I'm going to try again, and have on my oven mitt, I think. Things get pretty hot when the embossing gun is in full swing. Also, I'm not really crazy about the ribbon at the bottom, but when I took it off and went to take another picture, my batteries went dead on the camera. So I'm leaving it alone. I'm definitely going to be experimenting more with stamping on candles in the future. There is a great step-by-step tutorial on Split Coast Stampers if you are interested in trying this out yourself.

5 comments:

Krystal said...

we tried this for the first time last week too!! (we being, me, jenni, and our sister-in-law natalie). I decided that I NEED an embossing gun. It was so fun, and yours looks great!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

This is really pretty and such a great gift idea. I have seen the directions on how to do this but have never had the nerve to give it a try.

laurie said...

I have tried the tutorial too. It's fun to do and I like how yours turned out! Very pretty!

Chris said...

i also have never tried this, but i LOVE yours!!! that stamps is perfect for the bottom of a candle...and guess who has that stamp?? ME! i'm so caseing this one. >"<

Alison Anderson said...

This is GREAT! I love this- I am a little upset with myself for not finding your blog sooner!