Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Buzzing Bees

Well, I thought that with my good start on Monday, I'd be back in the card-making groove this week. But I've been battling a migraine, so that puts a huge damper on things. The kiddos are in bed and it's cooling off, and I decided I could handle finishing a scrapbook page in the quiet, cool, darkness of my kitchen. My brother that was visiting loves sports: watching, playing, being involved however. So one of the nights he was here we went to a Bees game. It was a lot of fun. My son was so excited to get pictures taken with the mascot, Bumble. The picture with #18 was taken earlier in the game, and then towards the end of the game he made an "error". All of the people who had had a bit too much to drink were yelling "wake up #18, you're gonna cost us the game!" So when I was looking through the pictures from that night, I thought it was funny there was a picture of #18, and had to put it on the page. I'll be back later in the week, hopefully with a card or two to share {fingers crossed}.

EDITED TO ADD: I showed my husband the page and asked what he thought. He said he thought it would look cool to leave just one of the pictures in color, and make the others sepia. So I did it for fun to see how it would look. Let me know what you think!

11 comments:

Michelle said...

I prefer the sepia for sure....it really makes the blobbed out faces pop - ROTFL J/K - - this is cool...the title goes well with the background.

Caryl P said...

I love the wow factor you get with just one color picture. Very cool!

laurie said...

Yes..he was right..I like the sepia!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Love them both, but the Sepia one really stands out. I got PSE 7 yesterday, so I'm going to get back to digi scrapping very, very soon! Thanks for all the inspiration!

Unknown said...

I love the sepia as well. No matter how much they seem to not care is seems that sometimes husbands have a good eye for this sort of thing!:)

Tenia Nelson said...

Very cool page!!!

Tasha Hickert said...

The sepia does make the one picture stand out. But I prefer the page in sepia and the photos in color. Either way, it still is a great page!

Chris said...

these are awesome, but i love the bottom one!! hard to believe al amn could get that right...LOL

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Are the Bee's a minor league team? I've not heard of them.

I like the layout of your page. How artistic of you hubby to come up with the idea for the one colored and other sepia toned photos. I have to say though that in this particular case, I like the all colored phots layout better. Only because the background page is already sepia toned and the sepia toned photos blend in a bit.

Michelle said...

Did you lose your love for cardmaking? Where are you? I keep checking and checking and you're not here...like you went and got a life outside of the cardie blogworld or something! :(

Me Myself and I-N-K said...

Rebecca: Very cool layout...love both of the pages. But your hubby does have a good eye and made a great suggestion. Love how the one pic just pops out and tells the whole story.

Check out the freebie verses and quotes on Elegant WordArt by Bethany (on her sidebar) to use for your layouts!

Thanks for sharing!

Alma =)