Monday, July 27, 2009

That was a long time!


Well, my brother caught his flight back to Korea yesterday. We had such a great time over the past 2 weeks. I'm always really sad when he leaves. We've lived apart for basically 16 years, so maybe I should be used to it. But I'm not. He's a great friend, and knowing how long it will be before I see him again leaves me just a little blue. So yesterday I took the day to be bummed and catch up on some much needed rest. Today I knew I needed to stamp or I might never get back in the swing of things. I used the CAS sketch challenge on Split Coast Stampers today. This fun card here is the sketch. I used some Basic Grey paper that I just love; if I was a person who could sew, I would find fabric to mimic this paper and make a cool blanket with it! Well, I am off to try and catch up on visiting blogs. Enjoy your Monday!

Stamps: SU Great Friend
Ink: PTI Raspberry Fizz
CS: PTI White, Ripe Avocado
DP: Basic Grey
Accessories: PTI Raspberry Fizz Ribbon

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Great card...love the colors.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This looks great, Rebecca! Love that layout too!

Unknown said...

love the simplicity and that stamp set!

Unknown said...

i loved this weeks sketch, love your card, its beautiful

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous card!! tfs!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Great job on this sketch. I like your combo of the patterned paper and butterfly image.

It's nice that you have such a great relationship with your brother - even if you don't see him often.

Chris said...

this is gorgeous!! i want to do this sketch too...i like it!

laurie said...

It's hard to say goodbye to loved ones. I always feel sad for awhile, too.

Your card is lovely...such pretty colors!

Michelle said...

awww...sorry you miss your brother already.... :(
But YAY you're back!! - - glad you jumped in before you got rusty and lost the desire.

laos348 said...

Beautiful card - great job with the challenge!

JazzyH said...

Pretty card!

Kerri said...

I love this CAS card, Rebecca! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time with your brother, and I'm sorry you're sad to see him go. (((Hugs)))