Thursday, November 6, 2008

Another Sketch Card



I can't believe it's already Thursday! This week is flying by. On Thursday, Tamara always posts a card sketch, so I looked at her blog to see what the sketch was. I liked it a lot, and had visions of embossed snowflakes all over my card. Well, after a billion revisions, I'm still not sure what I was trying to do. And this card is not what I thought I was going for. But I had fun, and I've got a Christmas card to add to my stash. And in real life, the colors look good together (the side piece is not that red, it looks good with the snowflakes). I'm hoping to try another card later using the same sketch, because I just like it a lot. So, as my daughter would say, "Someday!"
EDIT: Okay, I went back and looked at the sketch again, and added a ribbon on the side. I do like it better now. I know sketches are to help us get creative, and following them exactly isn't what's required, but the card with the ribbon looks better to me!

2 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

I think it turned out very cute. Your colors are perfect. Great Christmas card.

Chris said...

yeah, i like it with the ribbon too...but i like ribbons with everything...LOL