Friday, November 14, 2008

Cuttlebug Challenge #7


I made this card for the challenge this week at The Cuttlebug Spot. The challenge was to cut something out, and then emboss the cut out shape. Well, this one was another challenging card for me to make. I thought and thought about it all week. Finally today I had settled on cutting out a sun shape and basically adding it to a card of flowers. Then I remembered this fun card my friend had made. I decided to do something similar, but with cut out tree shapes, instead of stamped ones. I cut out the crown shape from my Alphalicious Cricut cartridge, and then cut the crowns into the tree shapes. I embossed with my D'vine Swirls Embossing folder. After adding a little sentiment to the bottom as well as some ornaments and glitter, I am calling it complete!

4 comments:

Chris said...

great card!!

Nilda Rockenbach said...

You did a wonderful job.. Im happy that you did not give up on the challenge.... you should be proud.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Very cute idea and it gives the trees extra dimension.

DonnaMundinger said...

Great idea using the crown! Love it.