Monday, November 10, 2008

Soldier Bookmark



My son loves the Stampin' Up set "The Free and the Brave." So I am always looking for projects to make for him that he will like, using that stamp set. Lately he's been bringing books home from his teacher's classroom, in addition to his library books, and reading them on the bus. So I decided to make him some bookmarks. The tutorial I originally found was here. I let my son pick out the paper and ink color. I punched out some small stars, and he decided he wanted 3 white ones and 3 yellow ones. My son is very into "soldier" and "army" things right now. And while I think he's the cutest little soldier, I realize there are many real soldiers out there, working day and night. Doing whatever is asked of them to help keep our country, and other countries safe. I hope that everyone will take a moment to thank a veteran or current service-person they know, and let them know how very much we appreciate sacrifices that they make in our behalf.

No comments: