Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Bookmark



I love Fall! But when Fall gives way to Winter, and it's so chilly, and the wind blows, I just want to curl up on the couch, read a good book, and drink hot chocolate and eat Snickers. That is how today was. But I didn't have any hot chocolate or Snickers, so I had to be content with what I could do. And that was to try and stamp something cheery. I found this awesome tutorial for making bookmarks, and decided to give it a whirl. One thing I like better about "traditional" rectangular bookmarks, is that they seem easier to design and to add an image to. But I love how these seem like they'll stay on the pages of the book a little better. A lot of times my kids love to help me by getting my book for me if I'm already curled up on the couch, and more often than not the pages open and the bookmark seems to fall right out. So I'm going to play around and make some more of these, and see what else I can come up with.

3 comments:

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Doesn't Godelieve have the greatest project ideas? I like your take on the corner bookmark.

Chris said...

cute bookmark...>"<

laurie said...

Cute idea! I am off to check the tutorial.....