Wednesday, January 28, 2009

You used what?


Today began like most Wednesdays do. Wake up, eat breakfast, go to the bus stop, look at the sketch on Split Coast, throw in some laundry, unload the dishwasher, play dolls with my daughter. While playing Cinderella my eyes kept drifting to the tissue box in her room. I loved the flowers on it and the beautiful shades of lavendar. Yes, I have an illness...I'll use whatever I can to make a card! The tissue box was a little bent, so I added more bends and creases to it. In the picture it only looks bent at the top, but in real life it all flows. I'll be sending this card to someone who can appreciate that there's a used tissue box on their card. I don't want to scare anyone too much!

8 comments:

mudmaven said...

Hey, I have a whole pile of cut up tissue boxes - there's some great patterns and colors on them! It would be criminal not to use them! ~chris

Chris said...

a kleenex box?? there's one i never thought of to use!! the only thing i worry about is getting the box tops off b4 someone throws the kleenex box away...LOL but your card is fabulous, great recycle idea!! i'm sure your friend will love it!

Anonymous said...

I think it's a great idea! If you wouldn't have said anything, no one would guess this beautiful card started out as a kleenex box.

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Wow! Now that is recycling!! Great job!

laurie said...

Cute card! It's amazing what you can do with a kleenex box!

Amanda said...

I would have never known it was a old tissue box! It's a beautiful card!

Caryl P said...

I would've never thought to use a tissue box but I LOVE IT! Anytime you can reuse and recycle AND make it that beautiful. Kudos to you!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

How funny! I do recognize that design. I actually have a tissue box that I love the design of. I have been waiting until I finish using all the tissues so that I could use it on a project. We must be psychic!