Monday, February 9, 2009

Another Baby Card


I looked at the Mojo Monday sketch this morning and loved it, but was going to wait until tomorrow to play, since Mondays are my busiest day of the week. Then I quickly checked Nichole's blog to see what goodies Paper Trey is introducing today. They have a new stamp set that looks awesome and they will be releasing "quick kits" that contain ribbon, cardstock, and ink all together. And the challenge of the day is to make a card for one of your best friends. Well, that almost got me convinced to hurry and play along and not wait until tomorrow. Then, my friend called to tell me that she is expecting! Well, if that's not a sign, what is?!? She is the one that introduced me to stamping in the first place. And you've got to make a card for your friend when she gives you that kind of news! So I used the Mojo Monday sketch to make a card for her. I realize the card's a little busy with all the colors and pattern, but since she's pregnant with her 5th, I figured we didn't need any toned-down, soft and fluffy card. We can go for crazy and busy when you're expecting your fifth child!

9 comments:

Hayley said...

Stunning card - love the image

Krystal said...

I love that!! and she'll love it too :)

~T~ said...

Ooohh, so cute!

Bridget said...

This is a darling card..I love the little image!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I think it's great when a challenge - or two - along with a need to make a card inspires us to be creative. This is a cute baby card.

laurie said...

Cute baby card! 5 kids...she deserves a card! You are a good friend!

Chris said...

very cute card!! i'm sure she will love it...congrats to her!!

Unknown said...

CUTE!!! Have I ever told you that you are amazing at making cards??? Well If I havnt YOU ARE AMAZING AT MAKING CARDS!!! I am soooo excited in about a month we get to find out what we are having!! So then I can start planning stuff and making either green onsie cards or pink ones for a baby shower!! :) YAY!! I am sooo excited!! I hope you dont think I am mean for wanting you to help with invites for a baby shower?!?!? They are just sooo darn cute!! Anyway love you!!

Unknown said...

I love this paper - I got some that has green background. you are so talented - this card is beautiful! 5 kids will not be too bad - right? that is what I keep telling myself :)