Tuesday, February 24, 2009

B is for Button


The challenge at the Cuttlebug Spot this week is to use buttons on your card. I think that using buttons on cards is a lot of fun. The challenge for me evolved into something different: I've never tied anything on my buttons. I always just leave them plain. I think buttons look great just plain. But I decided to try something different and see how I liked it. I have some embroidery thread I decided to use and see how it turned out. I'm not quite sure what to think. So any feedback anyone has I would really appreciate.

Stamps: Inkadinkado Baby Boy (funny, huh)
Ink: VersaMAgic Pink Petunia
Cardstock: SU Old Olive, SU Regal Rose
DP: Imaginisce "Enchanted Garden"
Accessories: Buttons, Cuttlebug, Perfectly Paisley Embossing Folder

12 comments:

Tasha Hickert said...

Not quite sure what I think about the thread either. It's kind of neat, maybe a more neutral color would work even better? But I do really like the card. If you hadn't mentioned wondering about the thread I wouldn't have focused on it! lol I don't use buttons much but I like what you did and may have to try something similar. Thanks for sharing!

Chris said...

this is adorable!! love all the buttons! i forgot to tell you...did you see our pti swap going on scs? we have a great group. check it out...>"<

stampinfrog said...

Sooooo CUTE! Love the buttons w/the thread.TFS
Hugs,Connie

Amanda said...

I love the thread on the buttons! I think it is super cute and adds a little something to the card! Adorable!

Anonymous said...

I love it! I think the buttons look fine just the way they are! Very pretty card!

laurie said...

I LOVE the buttons and the textures on this card!

Unknown said...

Your card is beautiful!

Cindy Van Sluys said...

Love all the buttons you have used and that you tied threads too! Whenever I look at buttons without threads, on anyone's projects, well...it just looks unfinished. Nice! Cindy

Anonymous said...

AWWWW!!!! This is gorgeous!!! love it... HUGS...SK :)

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Super adorable baby card. I really like the patterned paper and the choice of paisley embossing folder. I wouldn't have really taken notice of the embroidery floss if you hadn't mentioned it. I do like the idea and think it looks just fine. But if you repeat the card, maybe use a lighter shade of pink so it blends more.

Anonymous said...

This is a darling card! I love the buttons and think the thread is a nice touch, it makes them look "finished".

Alysabeth said...

Okay seriously I LUV this one too, your killing me there all so good;o)