Wednesday, February 18, 2009

New Sketch!


Browsing blog-land, I found a link to a blog where a card sketch is posted each Saturday. Here is a link to last Saturday's sketch. I haven't been feeling especially creative the last few days, and I know without a sketch to follow, I wouldn't have made a new card today. I got this stamp set from The Angel Company during their big sale in January. I hadn't had a chance to use it yet, and when I saw this sketch I thought the pregnant lady would look really cute as the main image. I couldn't find my favorite brown watercolor pencil anywhere (my kids have been playing in my craft desk too much lately), and I'm not very happy with how her hair turned out. But anybody that has that cute of a little pregnant belly can afford to not have perfect hair, I guess!

Stamps: The Angel Company How Swell
Cardstock: PTI Raspberry Fizz, random orange and green from stash
DP: Doodlebug Design, Inc. Birthday Girl Flower Garden
Ink: PTI Dark Chocolate, Bic Mark-its, Derwent Watercolor pencils
Ribbon: PTI Raspberry Fizz
Extras: 1/2" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, Scallop Circle Punch

3 comments:

stampinfrog said...

Soooo CUTE! I never seen this image before,it is soooo cute!Fantastic coloring even without the brown watercolor pencil!!TFS
Hugs,Connie

Susan (peebsmama) said...

This is a great card for an expectant mother.

laurie said...

Very cute card! I haven't seen that stamp before either. I like it!