Sunday, February 1, 2009

Soup Recipe Card


I've survived 3 1/2 days of feeling like a vegetable lounging on the couch, the lazy-boy, my bed, or anywhere I could get comfortable. I've had several hot baths a day to chase the chills away. And I've watched more of my recorded TLC shows than I ever thought I'd have time for. And while I don't feel great, I feel so much better that at this stage I am not complaining. I can get up and actually walk down the hall without feeling like my head is on the tilt-a-whirl while my body is on the platform waiting for my head to quit spinning. The last 3 days the thought I kept having was, "Thank heavens my kids are out of diapers and don't eat baby food." That was when it was really hard to be sick. Of course it's not fun now, but it's easier to handle knowing my kids aren't being deprived of basic care.
Here is a recipe card I made for a recipe swap over the summer, before I'd started my blog. This soup is wonderful anytime, but I especially love it if I'm feeling under the weather. It's got great flavor, but not so much that it turns my stomach, either. And even if I have a soar throat, I find it easy to swallow, because there is nothing too big and chunky. So I'm sharing my recipe, and hoping no one needs it because they are under the weather. But if you should find yourself under the weather, I do highly recommend this soup.
And I'm looking forward to catching up with what I've missed on your fun blogs the last few days.

5 comments:

laurie said...

Glad you are feeling better! That soup sounds good.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Great patterned paper to go with your recipe card.

I'm glad you are getting back to normal. It's never easy being sick.

Chris said...

sounds sure good!! and a great looking card too...have to give it a try...have i told you how much damn zuchini i have frozen...LOL glad to hear you are feeling better. want my sinus infection, now? LOL

Stephanie said...

Yum-O. The soup sounds great. I'll have to keep it mind for the summer when we have zucchini coming out of our ears. Love the recipe card! When you're feeling better, I'd love to know what you used as the background on your recipe card.

Cindy Van Sluys said...

That soup sounds really good! A good way to use the overflow of Zucchini our garden produces in the summer!

Glad you are feeling better....nothing is worse than the flu!