Thursday, February 12, 2009

Boy Valentine's / Just Because

My son loves anything military. So when I found this airplane stamp at River City Rubber Works I bought it, hoping he'd think it would make fun Valentine's cards. He was really happy with the idea. We kept them really simple since he was making them for his whole class, and since he's a boy. I don't think he really cared about a matching layer behind or any extra stuff, so this is what we did. We had a lot of fun making them together. He told me that "stamping's not so bad when it's cool stamps." And I'm really excited about this card. When I got all of my new PTI cardstock, I decided to make some kind of color swatch. So I just cut 2x2 pieces of cardstock and put an eyelet in the corner of each one. That way I can run a ribbon through to keep them together, and when I get new colors I can easily add to the collection. So I had this with me the other day when I went to the scrapbook store, and found this Basic Grey paper that I loved. And it matches lots of colors I have! I don't know why I never made a color swatch thingy before. I think it's going to be really useful, especially when shopping for paper. That way I won't end up with cute paper that looks terrible with all the cardstock I have. I cased this project from Split Coast Stampers. I finally bought a scallop circle punch, and I think I'll be using certain stamp sets more now. I like big pieces, and now that I can layer a scallop circle behind it so easily, I can see myself using it a lot more!

5 comments:

Susan (peebsmama) said...

How fun that your son made his own cards for his class. What a great idea to take your swatches shopping so you could pick matching patterned paper. And such great paper at that. This is a cute card.

Unknown said...

Your son is great - and you are great! I wimped out and bought them this year, someday I will be as good and as patient as you!

And I love big pieces! this is stunning! I am going to have to copy this idea!

laurie said...

Making Valentines with your son sounds like fun. Your card turned out great...I think you will like your new punch!

stampinfrog said...

Ohh How much fun! Stamping with your son. No, boys do not want layers!His card is soooo cute! He takes after his MOM!TFS
TGIF,Hugs,Connie

Chris said...

my son also loves to stamp, he would love that stamp!! your PTI card is gorgeous too!! >"<