Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Mojo Monday Madness


Finally! It took me longer than usual to finish my card using the Mojo Monday sketch for this week. I love these sketches, and a lot of them go together quickly for me but this time my brain was not cooperating. Then when I finally got going, I realized that if I used the full image of the little girl the way I had originally planned to, the card would have to be gigantic to fit it all on. So I just moved the scalloped circle up to cover the girl's feet, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. And I finally used some Verve stamps! This is a card for my husband. The tag on the side has the saying, "he loves me, he loves me not," which might look a little odd with "so wonderful." The way I have it in my head is that it is so wonderful to not have to question anymore whether "he" loves me or not. I know that my husband loves me and all the hundreds of little things he does for me as well as the really big things make me feel very loved!

7 comments:

Yaneri said...

I like that stamp image, so pweety! Such a pretty card! Very very sweet!

Chris said...

ok, so it wasn't me, cuz this one stretched my little brain...i could not get the circle to ride right on the rectangle...she really takes the word "challenge" too far...i'm so taking this up at the next "bad blog" meeting...LOL seriously, super sweet card!! love it...>"<

Susan (peebsmama) said...

You did a great job with this sketch. It's very sweet.

I know what you mean about the size of the main image. I struggled with mine too because I didn't want to have to cut off my girl's feet!

Stephanie said...

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for dropping by my blog and letting me know about the DP paper.

Your card looks great. Love that felt flower with a little bling! Take care!

Joey said...

Hi, your card is gorgeous, I love the image. joey.xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card, luv the image, took me a while to figure mine out!! lol. sue.x

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just darling. Love the tag. Thanks for playing! :)