Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Combining two loves!




Today is my first attempt at combining two loves...scrapbooking and stamping! I am getting together with some other women to do a scrapbook exchange. And I decided it was time to get a scrapbook page done that had some stamping on it. I feel like stamping can be such a fun way to embellish a page, but I still feel a little intimidated by it. I think because if I mess up a card it's just a card, but I don't want to mess up a big 12x12 scrapbook page. But today I went for it! The layout I used is from Page Maps (http://pagemaps.com/). I love to go there for sketches. They have great layout ideas, and I like that they have both 1- and 2-page layouts. I used my Stampin' Up Friendship Blooms set and also the Just Journaling II set. The paper is all from Bazzill, and I used Colorbox Merlot ink and Ranger clear embossing powder. The embossing looks much more vibrant in real life. I took several pictures; some with the flash, some with the flash off, and no matter what I did, the embossing seemed to look the same. I am excited to see in the future how I will be able to incorporate my stamping into my scrapbooking!
(I had to add a new picture. The layouts were looking a little empty, so I got out my cricut and added a title to each page, using my jasmine cartridge.)

2 comments:

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Nice page. The funny thing is, I started stamping so that I could enhance my sb pages. But since I got into stamping, I hardly sb and when I do, I rarely stamp on the pages.

Chris said...

great LO!! i like it alot...i don't stamp on pages much either...i'll give it a try!! >"<