Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Friends


I made this card for the sketch challenge at Split Coast Stampers. I really liked the sketch a lot. So I wanted to make a bright and cheery card for my friend. Her husband is going for his military training next week, and she and their kids will be staying behind. Which I'm sure will be hard for her, but we'll get to see them for a while longer. Then when he's done with his training, they'll all be leaving, and I was so sad thinking about it, and that's why I decided I needed to do a bright, cheery card. I used my scribble flower die for my cuttlebug. My friend was the one who showed me some cards made with it, and I loved the look. I used my bloom dots embossing folder for the bottom of the card. And then I added some orange and pink ribbon to finish it off. The ribbon is not crooked like it looks in the picture. That's driving me crazy! A little glitter in the middle of the flowers, and I'm calling it good.

4 comments:

Krystal said...

I like the flowers on the side! and I too, will miss them a LOT when they leave.

Unknown said...

This is my favorite flower! I think I might have to do some cutting next time I come over! :)

laurie said...

I think your friend will really like this card!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I like the combo of the die cut flowers and embossed background.