Thursday, October 16, 2008

Let it Snow!!!


Today I had a friend coming over to stamp and scrapbook with me. I was really excited, because it's been a while since I've had a friend over to craft. So I decided to see what the challenge was on Split Coast. But before I went there, I was looking at the Verve Stamps blog and found that their challenge was to use embossing, so I knew that I'd want to use embossing today. And then I headed over to Split Coast and saw that their challenge was to use plaid (or flannel, as I told my friend on the phone...haha!). So I decided to combine the two. I pulled out my Bundle Up set, that I had to have because, well, it is so cute! The Let it Snow stamp is from a cute little Queen and company stamp set I got. And the snowflake is from Hero Arts. So, I had my stamp set picked out that I wanted to use, and then I found this paper that I bought quite some time ago on ebay. I loved all the browns and pinks. So I got busy, and this is what I came up with. I love the way it turned out. And then, even though the card is "Let it Snow," it is such a gorgeous fall day today, that I went out in our yard on the rocks to take pictures. I had a fun day, and it was nice to have some company today!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute card! I love how the embossing makes the sweater look textured.

laurie said...

That sweater is so cute! You inspire me to get my cuttlebug going...

Susan (peebsmama) said...

How cute to emboss the sweater. I have this set but haven't used it in a very very long time. And it never occured to me to emboss it. I will definitely have to dig it out to try that. I like the pink and brown too.

Chris said...

this is very cute!! love the scarf...

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So darling! Love the embossed sweater - looks so warm and cozy. Thanks for playing our challenge! :)