Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Turkey Pot Pie


I've been signed up for recipe swaps since July of this year, so for the past few months I've been crafting away. Some of the swaps have finally ended, so I've started getting packages back in the mail. And it has been so fun! I loved making all the recipe cards, and now that I am getting so many back, I know I am really hooked on these swaps. I love seeing what other people create, both for a recipe, and for a card to share that recipe. This card is for the swap I'm in called "Gobble, gobble, left over turkey recipes." I was so excited when I was in Robert's one day, and saw this Thanksgiving set by Hero Arts. I knew that turkey would be perfect! So I snagged it while I could. The paper is from Chatterbox, inc. and is called Sky Rodeo Paisley. I got a new idea for ribbon in a swap I received yesterday, and was really excited to try it. And of course that's the one thing that doesn't show up very well in the picture. After taking about 25 pictures to try to show the ribbon, I decided this one would have to do. Anyway, the lady in the other swap had tied brown ribbon around the recipe card and then tied blue ribbon around the brown. I loved the way it looked, and did that on this card. I love all the inspiration I receive from so many talented crafters! And thank you to my sister-in-law for sharing her yummy recipe with our family.
Well, today is our day for flu shots, so we have to put the stamps and glue away for now, but we'll see how everyone is feeling later today!

1 comment:

Chris said...

i am so lovin' the recipe swaps, but i must take a break for the hollidays... this card you have made is fabulous!! love the turkey stamp...>"<