Thursday, October 2, 2008

My First Challenge!


This is my first time ever to play along with a challenge over at Split Coast Stampers. The challenge for today was to use a quote or a poem. Sounded like a fun challenge to me! I love to make cards, but I don't send out a lot of them. My mom loves to send cards, though, so a lot of the ones I make I give to her. She also loves quotes. So one day I was at Joann's and all of their clear stamp sets were 40% off, and this included a lot of sets with quotes and poems. So I knew I should buy a few of the sets for cards to make for my mom. This stamp set is from Heidi Grace, and today is my first time to use this particular stamp from the set. I love the girl in Stampin' Up's Summer by the Sea. I can just picture her looking happily in love out over the hills. I don't have a scallop punch, but my friend punched me out a bunch of scallops one day, and I was happy to see that the quote fit inside the scallop quite well.
It was a lot of fun to play along with this challenge, and I think I'll be playing along more often in the future. To see the gallery of everyone's submissions for this challenge go to: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?si=WT186&x=0&y=0

2 comments:

fishlips said...

I found your blog and wow the water colors on this are just wonderful...what a great card, and your blog is just stunning!!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Congrats on entering your first challenge. I love challenges of all kinds and I participate in them any chance I get. I like this image and how you dressed it up. Great quote too.