Wednesday, October 1, 2008

New Baby


A lady in our neighborhood had her first baby. This is the card I made to take when some other ladies and I take her dinner tonight. I just have to say that I really like how this card turned out! I love the Wash Day roller from Stampin' Up. I think that it makes such a cute baby card. Since she had a girl, I decided to use a pink and purple color scheme. I found this paper I've had in my stash for a while, and loved the colors on it. The card went together exactly as I wanted it to. I'm excited, because sometimes I have a card all planned out in my head, and it doesn't turn out the way that I think that it will. But this card did! In addition to the Wash Day roller, I used one of the sentiments from Stampin' Up's Happy Harmony. The cardstock is Die Cuts With A View and Bazzill Juneberry. The designer paper is from My Mind's Eye, and is called "Her Sweetheart." I only had white ribbon, so I used my Marvy marker in plum to get the ribbon to match. The sentiment also used the plum marker. The main wash day image is rolled on with Adirondack Cranberry ink. The clothes are colored in with various Derwent Aquatone colored pencils. I haven't added buttons on a card in a long time, so I really wanted to for this one. I love the way it all pulled together, and it's a great day to be a card maker!

2 comments:

{Jason and Elan} said...

That is so stinkin' cute! you are so creative.

laurie said...

I think it turned out great too! I have the sentiment you used and have never used it, I never thought of it for a baby card. Thanks for the idea!