Sunday, October 12, 2008

My Shopping Spree



Happiness is being married to someone who knows me really well, and loves me anyway! We've been having issues with our dryer. It was making the most awful, mind-numbing, metallic, squeaking sound. The clothes still dried, thank goodness, but the sound was horrible! Well, Friday I called my husband at work to say hello, and to ask him to bring home some milk. He said I was lucky he had his car at work and not my Jeep or he would stop on his way home and buy a new dryer. I told him that he was lucky he had his car and not my Jeep. So Saturday he took the dryer apart, and started banging on things and adding duct tape to the dryer. Just kidding, he was banging but I don't think he added any duct tape! Well, when he put everything back together, it was fixed and now there is no squeaking. Hallelujah! So Sunday I said, "Now aren't you glad you didn't buy a new dryer!" And he, knowing me so well, said, "Yes, and don't think that means you get to spend that money on scrapbooking stuff." See, he knows me! So I went on a little shopping spree in the kitchen, took an old orange juice box that I had washed out just the day before, and wrapped it with paper, punched some eyelets in it, and filled it with ribbon. See, I don't always have to buy new stuff!

3 comments:

Susan (peebsmama) said...

That's great that your hubby is so handy. I'm usually the one who fixes things around here. But that's not my hubby's fault. He grew up in a family that hired people to fix things.

I like the ribbon box. Great to see recycling in action. I have WAY too much ribbon to have something like this. I would have to have dozens of these boxes!

Unknown said...

This is wonderful! You are full of great ideas! And your dear husband is way too good to you! And now think of all the things you can accomplish when drying clothes because you will not have to hear that noise anymore!

Chris said...

i shop in my basement for things to alter...my kids think i'm a freak!! great looking box!! glad your dryer is fixed, my hubs is handy too...going to redo the bathroom soon...>"<